Monday, July 22, 2019

Sam Walton's '79 Ford F-150



Recently Brad over at Orange Track Diecast posted about this Hot Wheels Walmart ultra-exclusive release of Sam Walton's 1979 Ford F-150, complete with Real Riders, setting off a small stampede and causing a small stir in the collectors world. It seems Walmart had been selling these in their Museum online store, yes, Walmart has a museum! When I seen the post on OTD, I went to the store and bought 5 and their inventory showed around 6k in stock and about 2 hours later(if that) the truck was pulled and inventory moved to another location for in store sales only at around $3.
When I got my package it immediately noticed the distinct lack of boxing and after removing from the bubble wrap envelope I realized they would be tweaked somehow. Of the 5, 3 are ok and the other 2 have bent like hell cards, bubbles all seem good however.
Between id releases, EBay found collectibles, RLC offerings and premium hard to finds, my bank account has taken a huge hit this month. The room looks good though...

No comments:

Post a Comment