Saturday, November 2, 2019

GameStop - Hot Wheels Collector Day

 
The 5 minute rule of picking 5 cars out of a fresh case was the set-up, however the store I went to only had 9 cases and 11 people were there at 9 AM when tickets got handed out. By the time 10 AM came around, an additional half dozen to 10 collectors rolled in.
I was the 2nd number called and my kid for a day was 3rd, we both had to purchase our 5 cars each, then we waited for a second go at the leftovers once all the numbers had been called. I was able to nab some of the exclusives, some personal favorites and 2 Mercedes-Benz Unimog Treasure Hunts, the kid and I both scored 1 each!
I would like to see GameStop adopt a format closer to how Kmart did it, I like getting the mail-in art card with a case, they are getting framed to hang in my collection room. At this event the cards and even boxes were given out with tickets and numbers being called, I thought that was kind of odd, but willing to go along.
If GameStop stocked mainlines at a price closer to Walmart and Target, they could justify having more than 9 cases at a collectors event.
In all I had fun, met other collectors and scored some cool cars and the mail in will be a great addition to the collection. Thank you to Mattel/Hot Wheels and GameStop for doing this for the collectors!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment